cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct Credentials Needed

Particleman
Joining in

This pending investigation from the technical team, but in case anyone knows how I can solve this myself...

I have lost access to my main Virgin inbox. On my phone, I still have access to old mails, and there is a message at the top of the inbox: Correct Credentials needed - enter credentials for  ***@virginmedia.com. Clicking through brings up a number of fields - username (the email address) password, server (imap.virginmedia.com), Port (993) and Security type (SSL/TLS)

There is a password already in there. It's not clear if this is my old Virgin media password. I did recently change my Virgin Media password due to dodgy activity on my email account. I also changed the password again on a call with Virgin customer service. Whatever password is required here, none of them seem to work.

If I try to access my mailbox on my chromebook, while I can log into Virgin Media ok, I have no access to any emails in my inbox and a message comes up "The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.virginmedia.com seems to be wrong. Please correct them."  When clicking on the email account names, I get fields similar to those described above.

I'd prefer to regain access to this email rather than change email with all the various services that use it. Anyone got any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Particleman 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the email issues. All looks fine here from the system check but if you're having issues with a third party client, see here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account - this should help you further.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks - I don't think the issue is with the client, as I am having the same issue with my Virgin mailbox when using a normal browser. In fact, at least with the client, I can see all emails up until the problem started taking place - in the browser, I can't see any mails!

Thanks for coming back to us Particleman, are you able to share a screenshot of the error that you're getting, when you try to access your webmail account?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Mepark
Tuning in

Can I ask if this problem is resolved for you as it seems I am having an almost identical problem and I am feeling very frustrated right now. I lost access after changing my password also due to suspicious activity associated with my email address.

Thanks

Hey Mepark, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account, please can you expand on what has happened to your email account?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Screenshot of what I see when trying to access my email accounts below...

Screenshot 2023-02-20 19.26.15.png

Not yet, but I have provided a screenshot as requested. It sounds like you have a similar problem to me.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Particleman, thanks for all the posts and replies.

We're sorry as the image posted above has been removed and we're not able to view it, probably due to personal info being displayed.

Please, could you kindly remove / cover any personal details and post it again?

Also, do let us know if you've had any updates on the issue since you last posted on Sunday?
Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Apologies, hopefully this will be better. I'm no-one's artist. And no, I have no further updates.

emailscreen1.png