cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact email for Virgin

Crashedagain
Tuning in

Is there an email to contact Virgin ?I looked on website .There is no number no email no chat.It says they will take time to answer messages but there is no option to message.I used my virgin app but the chat there was down.I received a call from 020 3976 8303 claiming to be Virgin and stating I was subject to scammers. I hung up .However,shortly after my internet crashed(nothing new there)

So I cant even contact Virgin to confirm it was a scam.I googled number so 99.9% it was a scam but I would like some kind of confirmation AND a reason why my internet CRASHED AGAIN 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Crashedagain wrote:

I received a call from 020 3976 8303 claiming to be Virgin and stating I was subject to scammers.

Yep, that's a scammer, and hanging up was the right thing to do.

Your broadband failing will have nothing to do with this unwanted call - is anything reported on the automated status line 0800 5610061?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Crashedagain wrote:

I received a call from 020 3976 8303 claiming to be Virgin and stating I was subject to scammers.

Yep, that's a scammer, and hanging up was the right thing to do.

Your broadband failing will have nothing to do with this unwanted call - is anything reported on the automated status line 0800 5610061?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi 

Thanks for answering 

No nothing has been reported on that 0800 number.The people just called again.Do you have a contact number for Virgin by any chance?

Hi @Crashedagain. Welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of your service issues and experience with fraudulent calls. 
If this ever happens to you again we have information on how to deal with fraudulent calls here. 

Our correct contact number is: 0345 454 1111 for Broadband,TV and Landline customers. It is 0345 600 0789 for mobile customers. I can confirm the number you were called from is not us. 

I have also had a little look on our systems regarding your connection issues, and cannot see any disconnections in the last month, your speeds are all looking good - averaging 622 download and 42 Upload in the last week. There are also no upstream or downstream signal level issues coming into your home. Can you give us some additional information about your connection issues so we can offer further support?

It would be good to know what kind of issues you are experiencing, and if they are on multiple or singular devices, via WIFI or a wired connection. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can support you with. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly

I got through yesterday via the Whatsapp which I think is a very good service.  When I got the phone call on 24 Jan I checked my service  via online site and it said the TV was experiencing issues but everything else.Shortly after my broadband internet dropped out (the rooter had turned red) I switched off and in and after a  few minutes was working fine. This must have been coincidental
I have one box with  a line going to house(cable ?)  I also have the full service so another box for that.Internet goes down once a month .Normally fixed by switching off and on.  Also service slow couple of times a month

I have Norton protection on my computer

Anyway,thanks for contacting me.It would be helpful if it was easier to find a number on your website under Help rather than navigating through various hoops.  The message chat was also down on Monday

thanks

CA

Hi there @Crashedagain

Thank you for letting us know and I am so sorry you are facing these issues with your connection. 

Are you able to set up a BQM for us, leave this running for 48 hours and post the results?

This will give us a better idea of what is happening with these disconnections. 

Thank you. 

I have to give my credit card details which I am nervous about 

Hi @Crashedagain, thanks for your message.

Can you please clarify what you have to give your credit card details for, are you referring to setting up the BQM or something different please?

Regards

Tom_W

Hi Tom
Yes ,to set up BQM monitor ,although it is free,I have to input my card details which I am reluctant to do

Thanks

CA

There shouldn't be any need to enter any card details Crashedagain, are you using this site here? You do need to sign up for an account but we haven't seen a request for card details previously when setting up a BQM.

Can you show us where you're asked for these?

Rob