cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting email to Outlook

Gavin2023
Joining in

I have a Blueyonder account. I am using Outlook for Mac. I've installed Outlook but it won't connect to my Blueyonder account (keeps saying error 2002). After 90 minutes on the phone to Microsoft help, they decided it was a Virgin issue. Any ideas?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's over 20 years since I've had access to an Apple device so can't post precise details.  However, it would be the email account settings in Outlook that you need to be looking at not the Mac system settings.

The recommended settings can be found via the link I posted earlier.

You can find further information about using email clients with VM Mail here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gavin2023 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about this issue with your email service connecting to outlook. 

Can we initially check that you have access to your account via our Webmail 👉 https://virg.in/webmail 

Let us know how you get on, and if any error message occurs here too as this will help us isolate the issue and continue troubleshooting if needed. 

Thanks for your patience whilst we try to get this sorted! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi Molly

Yes, I have access to my account via Webmail. I can't see any error message there.

Hi @Gavin2023,

Thank you for giving that a try. If you're able to access the email account via our webmail platform then it would indicate that the email address/service itself is working fine.

Did the Microsoft Help team explain why they believe that the fault originates with the email address? Have you attempted to set it up on any other device at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

No, the Microsoft team did not explain.

I have the same problem with Outlook on an Ipad and an Iphone. I get exactly the same error message.

Thanks

Gavin

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gavin2023 It doesn't look as if any responders have asked you to check that Outlook is picking up the correct settings for the blueyonder email account.

You can find the current recommended settings here, do take note that even with a blueyonder email you need to use the Virginmedia settings:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham. I don't know whether it makes any difference, but I should perhaps also have said that Outlook is working perfectly well on my Mac (though not on Macbook, Ipad or Iphone). Doesn't that suggest that the settings are OK?

Gavin

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gavin2023 wrote:

Thanks Graham. I don't know whether it makes any difference, but I should perhaps also have said that Outlook is working perfectly well on my Mac (though not on Macbook, Ipad or Iphone). Doesn't that suggest that the settings are OK?

Gavin

Not necessarily, all it suggests is that the settings in Outlook on your Mac are correct.  They could still be wrong on the other devices.

Thanks Graham. So it's the settings on the other devices I need to look at. Sorry if this should be obvious, but which settings would that be? If I'm in System preferences on my Macbook, where should I be looking?

Gavin

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's over 20 years since I've had access to an Apple device so can't post precise details.  However, it would be the email account settings in Outlook that you need to be looking at not the Mac system settings.

The recommended settings can be found via the link I posted earlier.

You can find further information about using email clients with VM Mail here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account