Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring an MTA to work with DKIM

VanLidl
Tuning in

This probably one for ravenstar68

Dear Tim

I hope you can help me with my issue.

I am running a home LAMP server for a website and have installed "nullmailer" (instead of Postfix which is far too complex for my simple requirement) as a simple MTA for sending emails via Virgin Media which is acting as the Relay SMTP server.

All is working well while testing including the SPF and DMARC records which have a "pass" in the authentication results according to the headers of the emails I've tested.  The DKIM is showing "unknown" as no keys have been set up. The documentation for nullmailer is a bit sparse and would like to know how it can be configured after setting up the keys e.g. using OpenDKIM ?

I am also having an issue with the odd "Cron Daemon" email message being sent automatically while nullmailer is active.  Have tried MAILTO="" in the crontab settings.  I wondering if I'm missing a trick ?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

ATB

Van

2 REPLIES 2

VanLidl
Tuning in

Solved it !

Reverted to Postfix as the MTA instead of nullmailer.  Used a couple of online tutorials to configure a basic Postfix set up from scratch and it worked.

Had to find a good DKIM online tutorial and used Opendkim set up with a KeyTable and SigningTable and TrustedHosts.

Managed to create an email where SPF, DKIM, DMARC where all 3 authentication results were pass.  Now I can moved on with confidence to include the functionality in my webserver.

Feel free to PM me for the details.

ATB

Van

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good to read that you solved the issue.

Do consider documenting the solution here and mark that post as helpful so others experiencing a similar issue can benefit from it.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks