Menu
davybish37
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Closing an old ntlworld email account

Please can you help close my old ntlworld email address which is generating spam. I no longer need this. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closing an old ntlworld email account

Are you a current VM broadband customer and is this ntlworld address showing in My Virginmedia? If it is and it is not your primary e-mail address you can delete it yourself. If none of this applies you will have to wait patiently here for a VM Forum Team member to reach this thread and help you get the address deleted.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am going to add something here to explain what may need to be done. This only applies if you can't delete the offending address yourself from My Virginmedia because it isn't there or is the accounts primary e-mail address which cannot ever be deleted. It is directed to the VM Forum Team member who picks this up. There is nothing further you can do in these circumstances.

The VM Forum Team will have to ask you for the full e-mail address via the private messaging system. Under no circumstances must you post it here on the public forum. Once they have the address they will need to ask VM e-mail team techs to look at the VM databases for the address. The chances are that when it was first deleted that deletion was incomplete and only affected the ability of the address to send mail - ie only SMTP sending was stopped. The address may still be live so far as receipt of mail is concerned. 

The address needs to be expunged from the various VM databases that hold it. VM e-mail techs are very good at doing this and doing it quickly.

It helps if we all understand the process in simple terms - so I have kept the jargon to a minimum.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi davybish37,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your old email address.

Have you got this resolved since your post?

If you haven't, please let us know and we will be more than happy to look into this further for you. 

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos