cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing an old ntlworld email account

sallyc1
Joining in

Hi

Could you please help me close down an old ntlworld email account I have which i am having issues with.

Thanks

S

19 REPLIES 19

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sallyc1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, it has been a while, sorry to hear you are having an issues with your ntlworld Email, is this associated with an active account or is it from an old closed account?

Regards

Paul.

Hi

It's from an active account but I don't use it.  It seems to be now sending spam emails to my contacts. I would like to permanently delete it.

Thanks

Sally

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sallyc1 If it is the primary username for your current VM broadband account then it is unlikely that VM will be able to close it down.

However, if it is a secondary account then you should be able to delete it yourself.

Log into your primary my Virgin Media account and click on Account Settings > Account details and scroll down to Manage other My VM accounts.  Click on delete to the right of the secondary account concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I've just logged in and it's not listed on my account so I'm not able to delete it. My husband email is on there though.

I dont log in with my ntl email either.

S

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sallyc1 

@Paul_DN should be able to assist further when he picks up this thread when next on shift.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @sallyc1 thanks for your reply, all understood here and no problem.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you, kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Please can somebody from VM help me with this too? I left VM years ago but my old ntlworld email account still sends out spam, and I have no way to kill it. Many thanks

Steve

Hey there @steve375, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues regarding the email 😞
Usually when an account is closed - the emails close down within 90 days of the broadband services ending, although at times some may slip through.
But don't worry - I shall assist you on this and I will send you a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for speaking with us today @steve375 on the forums.

I'm glad we have been able to assist and get the mailboxes deleted as requested!
As always - feel free to reach out to us for any query you have and we will try our best to assist as much as we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs