Menu
Sue_O19
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Close Email Account

I need to close my email account I had with Virgin.  I have left the account for quite a while and still active.  How can I get it closed down?

0 Kudos
Sue_O19
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Close Email Account

I really need help with this.  My email account is a very old blueyonder account.  I have left it dormant for 5 months as per the post I’ve read online but its still active. I moved to an area where I cant get Virgin Media and really would like the email closed.  Why cant it be as easy as google - you just login and close the account?  These days with all the fraudulent activity online you should be able to manage email accounts far easier than having to post on a forum for information?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue_O19

From my experience of reading this forum, the Forum Team will contact you via this thread and refer the case to the IT department who can complete the deletion.  So you have come to the right place.  They will send you a private message to take your account and email address details, so don't post your personal info here on the thread.

But they do try to deal with threads on a first-come, first-served basis.  This can mean anything from a few minutes to a few days, depending on their workload.  There has been a bank holiday, as well, so take that into consideration.

Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Sue_O19
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I’ll wait for a reply. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue_O19, welcome to our community forums.

I'm going to drop you a PM so we can discuss this in more detail.

thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos