Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking who logged into my email account

hwl
Joining in

Hi All

Need some help please.

Is it possible for me to check who logged into my email account, like when Netflix notifies you via email that a new device has logged into your account and where in the world that was?

Does Virgin have an equivalent?

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately I don't think that is available for Virgin Media Mail accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hwl,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm afraid that we do not have this feature for Virgin Media email accounts, as Graham_A has advised.

Do you have any concerns at all about the account? We'd be more than happy to help if you have any questions or worries 🙂

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth

Thank you for your reply.

Who do I need to contact to find out whether an email was received and deleted? I cannot see the email, it's not in deleted items, it's not in Spam and I was waiting and refreshing during the time it should have arrived, but the sender is insisting that the email was sent to the correct address. Is that something I can ring someone specifically about to discuss please?

Thank you

Thanks for coming back to us @hwl

We wouldn't be able to search for specific E-Mails within an inbox as far as I'm aware

Has the E-Mail arrived since your post or has the sender possibly checked their outbox to see if this has got stuck?

Is it possible to see if the sender can re-send to test this out for us? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David

The sender (Automatic email despatch from Amazon gift cards) claims the email was sent to the correct address.

Other emails from the sender have successfully been received.

The contents of the email have been used(gift card).

The sender claims the issue lies with the email provider. I do not agree.

I am trying to ascertain who/how at Virginmedia I can talk to in order to ascertain whether an email account on my Virginmedia account has been compromised.

Any ideas please?

H

Thanks for coming back to us hwl.

We can certainly see if there is anything else we can do to assist you with this. I will pop you over a private message to take some details.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Good morning hwl,

Apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately, as this is a digital service only, we don't have the facilities to make outbound calls from this platform. 

We certainly understand your concerns about security, and if you're not comfortable in giving personal details, we can only advise giving our team a call on 150/0345 454 1111.

Our team will certainly be able to assist you further with this issue over the telephone.

Kind regards Jodi. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign into webmail, select ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Filter Rules to confirm there are no unexpected filter rules set; should there be any make a note of their settings and then follow the advice given here My Virgin Media account has been hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Jodi

I fear giving your team a call will result in a lot of wasted time and effort.

If I speak to someone, will they be able to tell me whether:

1. My email was accessed from more than one location within a short time, less than 10mins.

2. An email was received and subsequently deleted. I have a timeframe to work with.

Thank you