Menu
ChrisB163
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changing the Password on an Old Ntlworld E-mail Account

Logging into my VM account will not show my wife's email account so there doesn't seem to be any way of changing the password on her account.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing the Password on an Old Ntlworld E-mail Account

Not an uncommon issue these days as reported on this forum.  You stress that it is an old email address, but also appear to have a current VM cable broadband account as you write that you can access your My Virgin account.  Assuming the address concerned is a secondary account it should appear under the Manage accounts tab when signed in as the primary user.  If it doesn't then they may account concerned may be orphaned. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/m-p/3492073#M147177

Have you moved house or changed broadband supplier since first using the ntlworld address in question?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ChrisB163
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, thanks for your reply.

In terms of it being an "old" email account what I meant was that its the email that we set up when first connected to cable under ntl and has been maintained ever since and during the transition to VM, one email address for me and one for my wife.

The VM web login came much later and when i signed up to that I don't remember any option to list email addresses that had to be associated with the prime account.

0 Kudos
ChrisB163
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A further thought, when I log in to VM it says it is a "secondary account" which suggests there is a primary account but where?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you click on the forgotten username link on the sign in page and complete the details requested, it should tell you the primary username.

Failing that wait for a Forum Team member to reply to this thread.  That can take up to a week.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ChrisB163
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham, that was a good steer as I was able to see three accounts, my current, my wife's and my original - had forgotten that I had a login problem some years ago that VM was unable to resolve and ended up creating a new email.

So here is the current situation, the prime VM account is accessed by the original email which I cant use therefore I cannot use VM as I should because i can only log onto the secondary account with my new email and likewise I cannot change my wife's settings because only the prime user can do that.

I explain the above because I believe that only the VM tech'ies will be able to sort this out if and when this is picked up.

Thanks for your help on this.

ChrisB.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisB163,

I shall happily investigate this for you. I need to identify your account and clear security so have sent you a PM (purple envelope, top right). Please reply when you can and I'll find out what's what.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos