cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing password on orphaned email account

loopa1
Joining in

Hi - I have a very old ntlworld email account, which has been orphaned for a long time also.

However, I may have been a recent victim of identify fraud and therefore need to change the password on this email address. Please can you advise how I can do this? I've read similar posts where VM forum moderators have been able to assist.

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@loopa1 wrote:

need to change the password on this email address. Please can you advise how I can do this?

These days VM seem to want all password changes on VM email accounts to be made via the  customer's "My Virgin Media' Account. in your case that route is not available to you since this  email account is orphaned so by definition there is no "My Virgin Media" account linked to it.

You could try this original direct route to rest the password. which still seems to be open at the moment  https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password Enter your Ntlworld.com address and follow the prompts.    However, I can cannot guarantee it will work.

I've read similar posts where VM forum moderators have been able to assist.

There is a possibility that the Forum Team (VM support staff rather than the Forum Moderators) might be able to help with that. However, if you do not have a live VM broadband account they are going to be restricted in what they can do for you.

One of Forum Team should contact you via this thread in a day or so, but please read on:-

I have a very old ntlworld email account, which has been orphaned for a long time

I cannot stress this enough - you really need to move on from that old email account and open a new one,  preferably one not associated with your current broadband provider.

As you are probably aware from the many angry posts on this forum, VM have an ongoing policy of closing orphaned email accounts without any notice leaving ex VM customers without access to their old email account and all the historic emails stored there. You don't want to find yourself in that position but eventually you will if you continue to use that orphaned Ntlworld account. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks