Menu
rachelhackett
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Changing email password on Manage accounts

Please please can you give me an honest answer regards when, if ever, I am going to be able to change my Virgin email password. I have been trying since Sunday. 150 tell me they can't do it because of the ongoing problems. My email has been hacked and I can do nothing and neither can Virgin. Can anyone check Auto Forward setting in Virgin Media Mail for me? I try this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/ and it does not work. Manage accounts takes me to the Maintenance page note that has been there forever. This is ludicrous. Please help

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing email password on Manage accounts

@ModTeam  Another example of how serious this ongoing failure is.  Over to you.

rachelhackett
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Deafening silence. Although I did get a nice welcome to the community message. Meanwhile ebay account has been hacked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
zvonok
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

... The weblink : mail2.virginmedia.com is working here now in Area 31 …

Give it another go … clear browser cache first!

ZvnK ...

rachelhackett
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep, hurrah, thanks for the tip.

Off to write a laceratingly scathing letter to R Branson

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You'd be better off writing to Tom Mockridge - apart from allowing VM to use the Virgin brand and occasionally appearing in adverts Richard Branson has nothing to do with the company, which has been owned by Liberty Global since 2013.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@zvonok wrote:

... The weblink : mail2.virginmedia.com is working here now in Area 31 …

Give it another go … clear browser cache first!

ZvnK ...

The problem is it's still not going to solve her main problem as everyone is still locked out of the My Profile section of My Virgin Media Smiley Sad

rachelhackett
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm in! Password changed. Now just need to double check suspicious purchases from Russia. Thank you to all those who helped/commented/tried to escalate

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@rachelhackett 

While I'm glad that you are now in - I am not happy with Virgin Media's response in this regard.

@Graham_A made sure that Virgin Media was alerted to the seriousness of the situation on the 12th June YET NOT ONE Forum Team member responded to this thread.

Actually my previous comment is an understatement.  I am furious that it's taken from Sunday to Friday to get this matter fixed.  To anyone who has been adversely affected by the lockout on changing passwords, I would strongly recommend that they contact the Information Commissioners Office to lodge a complaint so that they might investigate this matter properly.

https://ico.org.uk/

@ModTeam - I've not taken the decision to recommend this course of action lightly.  At the end of the day customers need to know that you've got their backs when it comes to security issues.  Simply saying in a sticky that "You can ring 150 to change your password."  Does not cut it here, especially when a poster has indicated that this is not the case.

As far as I am concerned EVERYONE in the Mod and Forum Teams should be asking themselves this.

"Could we have done better?"

I think you have it in you to do so, but it's up to every one of you to step up to the plate here.

Tim