cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Email Password on ntlworld

Simonward3097
Joining in

Hi, how do I change my ntlworld.com password - it’s still active but I have a new account number as we moved addresses so the account linked to my old email address is no longer valid

thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Simonward3097 wrote:

Hi, how do I change my ntlworld.com password

The immediate answer to that is if that email account is not linked to a live Virgin Media broadband account you can use this link to reset the password https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password    Enter your ntlworld email address as the username and then follow the prompts.

However, there is a longer term issue if you want to keep using that ntlworld address in the future.  The Terms and Conditions of VM's broadband accounts specify that VM will close any email accounts that were linked to it 90 days after the broadband account has been closed. In reality VM are a bit lax in actually doing that but the fact is that the account could disappear at any time once the 90 days are up.

Assuming that:

1. your ntlworld email account has not been closed already and
  2. the original broadband account and the new one are both in the same name, presumably yours,

then VM could move that old email address over to your new broadband account.

The downside is that the ntlworld address would replace any new email addresses that you have already set up on your new broadband account.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) could check and assuming all is ok, they could then arrange that for you.

Post back here with how you get on. One of the Forum Team will pick up your post in the next day or so and contact you via this thread.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Simonward3097 wrote:

Hi, how do I change my ntlworld.com password

The immediate answer to that is if that email account is not linked to a live Virgin Media broadband account you can use this link to reset the password https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password    Enter your ntlworld email address as the username and then follow the prompts.

However, there is a longer term issue if you want to keep using that ntlworld address in the future.  The Terms and Conditions of VM's broadband accounts specify that VM will close any email accounts that were linked to it 90 days after the broadband account has been closed. In reality VM are a bit lax in actually doing that but the fact is that the account could disappear at any time once the 90 days are up.

Assuming that:

1. your ntlworld email account has not been closed already and
  2. the original broadband account and the new one are both in the same name, presumably yours,

then VM could move that old email address over to your new broadband account.

The downside is that the ntlworld address would replace any new email addresses that you have already set up on your new broadband account.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) could check and assuming all is ok, they could then arrange that for you.

Post back here with how you get on. One of the Forum Team will pick up your post in the next day or so and contact you via this thread.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi, I’ve tried to reset my ntlworld email but it’s saying it’s user name is not valid.  I still receive and send emails though so perhaps VM can support and transfer this over to my new account

thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Simonward3097 wrote:

Hi, I’ve tried to reset my ntlworld email but it’s saying it’s user name is not valid.  I still receive and send emails though so perhaps VM can support and transfer this over to my new account

Thanks for coming back with that update.

The fact that you are getting that error does suggest that account is already being closed down, especially if it is more that 90 days since the Broadband account was ended.  What tends to happen when Virgin Media close an email account is that they seem to remove the Webmail account (hence when you try to sign in it does not recognise the username) but the mailbox itself is often left in limbo. Email apps use a different route to access VM emails and often they can still pick up and send emails using that address which adds to the confusion.

I will escalate this to the Forum Team who will then contact you via this thread. However, I have to say that in view of your findings it may not be possible for them to rescue your old account because it may have gone too far down the deletion process.

Coenoby

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Simonward3097

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your email address. 

It looks like we are going to need to take a further look into things, we can move the email address from your old account to your new one, In the meantime I can also reset the password for you. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

DeafMan
On our wavelength

any news yet ?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DeafMan wrote:

any news yet ?

This thread seems done and dusted so it's unlikely you'll hear anything here.

I suspect that you mean to your own thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/email-fail-till-found-but-delay and if so you would be more likely to get a response if your post on that thread. 😉

Coenoby

I'm having a bit of a difficulty with this since moving house in July 21 within the same area. Previous house moves had seen me keep the same account number for years and the @ntlworld email just moved with it. When I moved in July 21 they changed the account number and when I logged into my VirginMedia it said my account was closed and did not exist. I tried calling then for an explanation but got nowhere and that's when I realised the account number had been changed. I get emails every month for my 'new' account to the @ntlworld email and it tells me to click here to view my account but then it doesn't let me log in with what was my username and password. I can now only access the email address on an old iphone which ports the data information across to new iphones but beyond that I am stuck. I need access to the @ntlworld email as it is associated with a lot of other accounts but if I lose access to the @ntlworld email I will lose access to a lot of other accounts. The contact centre told me on Friday it would be sorted in 24hrs but I still can't access it and if I try and register using @ntlworld it won't let me Anybody know the options? I've been pulling teeth with VM since July 21 and still getting nowhere all because they decided to change my customer number

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nordle,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced with your email, so we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

sorry to piggy back onto this thread but i too am have the exact same issue, this last too days all of my ntlworld accounts have been hacked re the easy letter and 9 digits password, so rahter than losing them i would like to reset them

i don't see any option to actually do it of course as ntlworld is now gone.