Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Changed email address and cannot access emails.

I set up a new email today and then decided to change the email address and I am going round in circles trying to log in as it keeps telling me to check my email for the new address to confirm the address but when I try to do that it comes up with a message telling me to please confirm my new username by checking my new email account which I can't access.  I can access the original username which congratulates me on changing the name and also tells me to check new username!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed email address and cannot access emails.

Once you have set up a new email address it cannot subsequently be changed.  The VM system allows a username to be set for the email address that is different to the email address itself.  This does not alter the underlying email address just the way you log into it.  When changing the username it has to be a third party email address that already exists as that is where the verification email is sent to complete the process.

You can cancel the username change process from within the My Virgin Media pages under My Profile and/or Manage accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok.  I'm obviously getting confused with usernames and email addresses!  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorted.  Deleted the email address and started again.  Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And my next question is why have my 2 posts of today linked and the first one is showing as answered when I haven't had any replies to it!!  No prizes for guessing I'm new to this forum and have no idea what I'm doing, but I could have sworn I set them up as individual posts!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have asked the Moderators to consider splitting the thread back to the two different questions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@vicki2947 wrote:

And my next question is why have my 2 posts of today linked and the first one is showing as answered when I haven't had any replies to it!!  No prizes for guessing I'm new to this forum and have no idea what I'm doing, but I could have sworn I set them up as individual posts!!

Sorry - that was my mistake, as they seemed connected.  You are doing very well, vicky2947.  Going back to my corner now.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ha ha, at least it wasn't something I did! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham. 

0 Kudos