cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change primary email address

mark_a_carpente
Dialled in

Is is possible to change my primary email address ?

There is a reocurring theme at the momment it appears of ntlworld email accounts getting hacked or spoofed which I have had before on a secondary email address that I have deleted. It seems that you can access ntlworld email much easier than virginmedia ones as you can log into the server without needing all the extra security settings that you do to access via the virginmedia server

I have already set up a new secondary virgin email which I use for certain things as I want to keep those seperate for various reasons. I have suddenly out of nowhere started getting bombarded with junk mail to my primary email address from basically the same thing with different senders like jobsite.com or mailjob.com etc etc

I basically want to change my primary email address to another new virginmedia one and delete the existing primary ntlworld one but there does not seem to be any obvious way of doing so

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

I believe that you can't. The primary email address is also the 'username' for your VM account and currently there is no way to change that. Now personally, I'd just transition across to the secondary address for everything and leave the primary one to fester on its own. Don't forward anything from it, just periodically log into it via webmail and delete everything.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you can’t. Your primary account email is “hard wired” to your login details on MyVirginMedia, which is also directly linked to the billing system. You have never been able to change these addresses.

Please see the attached thread. Also read post 7 of the attached thread which gives details of setting up an alternative contact email so that you can stop using your primary account for email purposes:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Change-Primary-Email-Address/m-p/4726703/highlight/true#M... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I had an email address (in the format of xyz@blueyonder.co.uk) which I have to keep using for logging into my VM account, but the email address became deactivated a long time ago due to not being used. Even if it hadn't been deactivated I wouldn't have cared as I wasn't logging into it as I haven't used any ISP's email for 20-25 years.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection