cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change name in email From and To fields

CB64
Just joined

I recently changed my first name and have managed to get that changed on my email account so all correspondence from Virgin Media now addresses me by my new name, but I am still seeing my old first name in the From and To fields on my emails which is deeply frustrating. How can I get this changed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In  webmail:

• select ≡ > My contact data
  • amended name details
  • select Save
  • select ≡ > Settings > Accounts > Edit (located next to email account name)
  • amended name details
  • select Save

These changes will only be reflected in new emails you send and as those you correspond with amended their address book to reflect the name change; historical email will continue to show your previous name

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In  webmail:

• select ≡ > My contact data
  • amended name details
  • select Save
  • select ≡ > Settings > Accounts > Edit (located next to email account name)
  • amended name details
  • select Save

These changes will only be reflected in new emails you send and as those you correspond with amended their address book to reflect the name change; historical email will continue to show your previous name

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CB64, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I can see that 用心棒 has offered some great advice to get your emails all sorted. If you have any further issues then please let us know. 

In terms of your online account, this may change your nickname however we would need an official change of name form to be able to update your account itself. If you haven't already done this, please have a look here for the steps you need to follow. Make sure you're looking at the 'How to change the name on the account' section.

Keep us posted on if you have any further issues or queries. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs