Menu
Highlighted
Faerie1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Chance of keeping email address?

Hi, wonder if you can help me.  I recently had to disconnect from Virgin as we were moving, with no new address

we now have bought a new property so are signing up again, service to be installed next week. 

I had only disconnected for a few weeks, what’s the chance of getting my email address back (it’s within the 90 days). Can this even be done? (Was a blueyonder email address and am getting the option to create a new virginmedia email now)

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Chance of keeping email address?

Hello

You will need to call 150 or wait until a VM staff member picks this up, they will be able to do a transfer and replace to the new account of your previous email addresses.

So the quick answer is yes they can transfer the email address for you, just as a note you will loose all email addresses on the new account as they are replaced.

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Faerie1,

Thank you for coming back to us, I advised speaking to our PIC team they deal with pre installs and will be able to request this for you.

Please call 0345 454 1111 options 1 then 2 they will be able to transfer you to the correct team.

We would be unable to do this our end as the services and your my virgin media account aren't active yet.

Kind regards

Paul.

Faerie1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

am calling them right now

thanks again

0 Kudos
Faerie1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers

am trying to get through to them right now

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Faerie1,

Let us know how you get on

Kind regards

Paul.

Faerie1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through

they said they couldn’t help, I told them what I was told on here (thanks again) she spoke to her supervisor who advised to wait 7ntil the service is installed and then ask again?

she also spoke to about me keeping my old phone number I said that would be great, again I was told to wait until the install then ask....think i got the runaround...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Faerie1,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am more than happy to fill a port request form and also would be able to see if your old email addresses are still active.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look further into this for you.

I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.