cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant send outgoing emails

LyndonJ
On our wavelength

Hi 

Can anyone assist please, since 28th of January my outgoing mails has stopped. I entered my Virgin IP address into spamhaus and they can back to say it's been blocked at port 25 because spoof emails. This hasn't been done by me and they have suggested that I have been unlucky and been given a previously blocked IP address. 

Help!!

Many thanks 

Lyndon

29 REPLIES 29

Thanks LyndonJ.

Look forward to Monday.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Gareth_L

LyndonJ
On our wavelength

Hi 

Can you please confirm that I have typed into Wireshark correctly tcp.port ==25 and this will display any traffic using this port.

Thanks

LyndonJ
On our wavelength

Hi All 

Another update I also contacted ASUS as I use XT8's fory router. They have suggested to add port 25 to my port list as the ALProtection could block it due to a firmware update. 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't recommend blocking traffic.

See if this Video helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxNsoW7FRh0

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Apologies for mistype. Asus support advised to add port 25 to port forwarding list as their latest firmware update could block it in their AL protection

Hi LyndonJ,

I am sorry this issue is still ongoing. 

Can you confirm if the video provided by ravenstar68 has been able to help?

^Martin

LyndonJ
On our wavelength

Hi Martin

Thanks for checking in, yes the video is helping, I'm doing further tests today. Fingers I will see what's going on.

Lyndon 

Thanks for coming back to us LyndonJ, have you been able to do any further checks?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

LyndonJ
On our wavelength

I have been running Wireshark on port 25 for 24hours and nothing has appeared in the list. At the moment all seems good. As I said originally it doesn't do it all the time so fingers crossed the problem has gone away. I will keep you all posted and thanks for all the help.

LyndonJ

Thank you for letting us know this.

Please do keep us updated and reach out if you need any help on this in the future.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?