cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant send emails

KevB32
Tuning in

Unable to send emails. Have spent over 10 hours talking to virgin to no avail. Done all the changing of password but just getting passed from pillar to post. Was told last Monday problem would be sorted within 5 days. Close to leaving now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Get a message saying account is locked followed by a long stream of letters that are different every time.

Mailbox used to work fine

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be helpful to see what, if any, error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KevB32, welcome to the community!
Really sorry to hear of your email access issue. Just to try and nail down the issue a bit please let us know the following:

- Are you unable to send emails when using the email account via our webmail service?

- Are you unable to send emails using the email account via a clientmail service (Eg Outlook, Applemail etc)

- Are you also receiving emails to this account successfully?

- Were you advised a ticket was raised with IT and that is why it should be resolved within 5 days? 

- What happens when you try to send an email? Do you get an error message or code?

Following this we may need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer further support if needed. 

Let us know! 

All the best! 

Molly

Cant send emails from anywhere. Receiving ok but get a message saying account is locked when sending.

Regarding a ticket, been told three times that the matter would be sorted but obviously have to wait 5 days each time.

Last Monday I was told I would receive a telephone call on Friday to make sure the matter had been resolved. No call received.

Yesterday I was told I would be contacted at 1.00 pm today. Still waiting

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response KevB32,

Just to touch base on sending emails again, are you receiving any error codes or messages at all?

Also have you been able to send any emails previously?

Cheers,

Kain

Get a message saying account is locked followed by a long stream of letters that are different every time.

Mailbox used to work fine

Hey KevB32, thank you for letting us know and I am sorry to hear about that.

I am going to send you an PM so we can look into this, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?