cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access virgin email account via Windows Live Email or online

AzardHosein
Tuning in

My Windows Live Email on Windows 7 is not allowing me to send and receive emails. Instead, the logon pops up with the same username and password i have been using. Finally, after pressing cancel, the following error codes appear - 

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Virginmedia (azardhos) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed.
Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes"

*********************************************************************************************

My son has already tried repairing Windows Live, but still no joy.

Also, when trying to access my virginmedia email account online, I am met with -

"Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices."

******************************************************************************************

Before this incident occurred, I had phoned my daughter who lives in Wiltshire to access my account online and read some important emails I had gotten and needed her help. I am wondering if this is the cause of why i am unable to access my emails. I am expecting very important emails and need my daughters help. 

Please advise on what I should do to correct this.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AzardHosein 

The first thing to do is follow the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

In most cases this should unlock the account.  Wait at least 30 minutes after changing the password before trying to log in again.  Once you can access the email account via the webmail page you will then need to enter the new password into your windows live program.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AzardHosein 

The first thing to do is follow the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

In most cases this should unlock the account.  Wait at least 30 minutes after changing the password before trying to log in again.  Once you can access the email account via the webmail page you will then need to enter the new password into your windows live program.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

albob
Superfast

Thank you Graham. This worked. I can access my emails again. Very Happy

Thanks for your help albob