cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access email

Webby1491
Joining in

Can someone help. I'm out of UK my phone is broken. So No account number. 

Problem is I don't have access to the email I signed up originally with virginmedia 5 years ago and now my. Urgent virginmedia email address is not recognized. I need access to it cos ita linked to my Bank of in another country and broke cos Revolut Bank does have any humans to talk to. Can someone help me work out this problem of access.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you still/currently a VM broadband customer in the UK?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you still/currently a VM broadband customer in the UK?

No I hvnt been with Virginmedia for 3 years now. I just continued using their email address. Is there a telephone number I think I have to speak to someone in their Customer service department. I am no longer in UK so its a bigger problem I've got 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Webby1491 wrote:

No I hvnt been with Virginmedia for 3 years now. I just continued using their email address. Is there a telephone number I think I have to speak to someone in their Customer service department. I am no longer in UK so its a bigger problem I've got 

You'll need a VM forum team member to help you via PM.

When you leave VM, you are supposed to get 90 days of continued access to the email account and then VM is supposed to delete the email account. VM is not very reliable at doing this deletion though and some email accounts live on for many years beyond the official 90 days.

Every so often VM has a clear up of these old accounts. This is probably what has happened to yours.

If it has only just been deleted, it is possible that you might be granted temporary access for a short time but you would need a VM forum team member to help you with that, if it is possible.

One of the VM forum team will reply here within a few days.

@goslow wrote:

@Webby1491 wrote:

You'll need a VM forum team member to help you via PM.

When you leave VM, you are supposed to get 90 days of continued access to the email account and then VM is supposed to delete the email account. VM is not very reliable at doing this deletion though and some email accounts live on for many years beyond the official 90 days.

Every so often VM has a clear up of these old accounts. This is probably what has happened to yours.

If it has only just been deleted, it is possible that you might be granted temporary access for a short time but you would need a VM forum team member to help you with that, if it is possible.

One of the VM forum team will reply here within a few days.

Thank you very much Wiseowl. I'll look out for their response.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @Webby1491, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the email.
As @goslow has mentioned, emails are usually disconnected after 90 days of the services ending.
Usually when accessing profiles, there really isn't much as the email access will be restricted on our end but it doesn't hurt to try and see if we can restore access potentially.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Webby1491
Joining in

I just read VM deletes.accounts when you are no longer a paying customer. I think you are wrong. I have not been a VM customer for 6 years and still have my email.account. I don't know how to shut down an email account and prevent emails coming to it. I still have some important emails attached to my VM email account..

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Webby1491, thanks for your posts and replies on our help forum.

We're sorry to hear of this issue with your email account access, we can see you've previously over PMs with our forum staff member Ilyas_Y above.
Could you please advise if you've received some help and if recovering the account for you was possible?

Let us  know where you are with this and we're glad to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs