cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access email from Chromebook -

VMCS
On our wavelength

When trying access VM email from usual chrome bookmark,  error message says 'size of request header field exceeds server limit?,

Also cant sign into email via VM website...??

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@VMCS wrote:

still getting same error message when I try and sign into the same account via chromebook

Sorry for butting in here but the error "'size of request header field exceeds server limit" has been quoted here before but when using a browser in MS Windows. The error suggests there is a problem with one or more of the cookies in your Chromebook.

That explains why you can access your VM account from your pc but not from the Chromebook,

See here how to clear the cookies and cache from your chromebook  https://www.techimaze.com/clear-cache-browsing-history-chromebook/ 

Give that a try and see. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post VMCS.

Is this your primary email on the account? 

If so can you log into the My Virgin Media account? 

Thanks, Emily.

VMCS
On our wavelength

Not really sure what you mean by primary, the email address in question was originally set up with  NTL World and was working satisfactorily and as expected until last week.

VMCS
On our wavelength

It is the only email address now in use on the VM account -[REMOVED] The other NTL addresses we had have long since out of use.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming if it's the only email on the account it should be the primary.

Can you please reset the My Virgin Media password and then try access your email?

Thanks, Emily?

VMCS
On our wavelength

Di I need to do a password reset, or just change my password?

VMCS
On our wavelength

Have done a password reset. Have logged into VM via a PC  - VM site  says that its a 'secondary account'. Email can be accessed ok but still getting same error message when I try and sign into the same account via chromebook

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@VMCS wrote:

still getting same error message when I try and sign into the same account via chromebook

Sorry for butting in here but the error "'size of request header field exceeds server limit" has been quoted here before but when using a browser in MS Windows. The error suggests there is a problem with one or more of the cookies in your Chromebook.

That explains why you can access your VM account from your pc but not from the Chromebook,

See here how to clear the cookies and cache from your chromebook  https://www.techimaze.com/clear-cache-browsing-history-chromebook/ 

Give that a try and see. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

VMCS
On our wavelength

Thanks - problem solved

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@VMCS wrote:

Thanks - problem solved

Great, thanks for letting us know.

Coenoby