cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access blueyonder account

billyfraser0503
Joining in

My blueyonder email account and my wife's blueyonder email account suddenly stopped working today. Both are asking for the password but nothing happens when I enter the correct password. Anybody else's stopped working?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

in the past 6 to 8 months ive had this happen twice and was told by virgin media tech my email had been hacked. now last wk i start getting emails trying to blackmail me saying they have old passwords to gain access to my old blueyonder email account. i spent 3 hours and 9 phonecalls yesterday trying to get this old email account removed and hope its going through the motions and will happen soon. the first 2 hacks were a nightmare to sort so will be glad to see the back of my blueyonder email. on speaking with a tech when i got he himself said to me i wouldnt use a virgin media email if i were you so that says something. hope your get your email account sorted soon.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try following the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

If that doesn't work then I'm afraid that you will have to wait until at least Monday for VM staff assistance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi billyfraser0503, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forms, can you confirm if you have following the link which Graham_A has provided the link? 

Please ensure that you do the following: 

1. Do a full virus scan on your device with up-to-date anti-virus software
  2. Reset your password to something new, unique to this account and secure.

Can you confirm once you have following the instructions on the link if you are having the same issue as we may need to enable the mailbox. 

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I had tried that over the last couple of days but without success. Just tried it again now and it's worked so I'm all good now.

Thanks for your help.

Billy.

Thanks Graham,

Tried to reset my password over the last couple of days and it wouldn't let me do it. Tried it again now and it accepted my new password and my email is working again. My anti-virus software is always up to date so it was just the password reset that did it.

Billy. 

Hi billyfraser0503

Thanks for coming back to us. I am glad all sorted 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

in the past 6 to 8 months ive had this happen twice and was told by virgin media tech my email had been hacked. now last wk i start getting emails trying to blackmail me saying they have old passwords to gain access to my old blueyonder email account. i spent 3 hours and 9 phonecalls yesterday trying to get this old email account removed and hope its going through the motions and will happen soon. the first 2 hacks were a nightmare to sort so will be glad to see the back of my blueyonder email. on speaking with a tech when i got he himself said to me i wouldnt use a virgin media email if i were you so that says something. hope your get your email account sorted soon.