Menu
Jonaldo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cannot set up email account on iPhone

Hi all Over the past month I was able to receive emails on my iphone but not send them so today I thought I would try and get it sorted. I recently changed my virginmedia password so updated the setting on my iphone but still no joy. I decided to delete the account and start again (that was before I read the threads on here) The problem I have got now is when I try and set up the email account it starts off by saying 'Cannot connect using SSL, do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?' Now if I press yes I get the message 'The smtp server smtp.virginmedia.com is not responding, check your network connection etc etc' On the next screen I have checked all settings which appear correct but it just hangs on 'verifying' and won't get past that screen? Any ideas on how I can fix this? Right now I would take back being able to receive email but not send it rather than have no email at all. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
0 Kudos
Jonaldo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot set up email account on iPhone

Ironically, my partner who has got a secondary email address on the account can receive and send emails with no problem at all using the same settings?
0 Kudos
Jonaldo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot set up email account on iPhone

I’ve managed to start receiving emails again so think I will leave it at that. 

Looking on here loads of people have had problems with sending email and I’ve tried everything I can see on here with no joy. 

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos