cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send or receive emails from my blue yonder account

JIM2156
Joining in

I haven't been able to send or receive emails from my blue yonder account. I have reported it many times and spoken to 5 staff. They all say the report has been escalated to someone who will contact me but it has now been 5 days. Has anyone any experience of something similar and can you say how long I can expect to wait.

is there anyone senior at the company I can contact to complain?

Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @JIM2156, can you please confirm a few things for me;

Are you using the web mail function to access the account, or a 3rd party mail client?

Do you still have active services with Virgin Media? 

Is this account the primary account or secondary account?

Are other E-Mail addresses connected to this account also unable to be logged into?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JIM2156 

Try following the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

If you still can't access the account an hour after changing the password post back here and the VM Forum Team will pick up the thread and advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello JIM2156

Thanks for posting in regards to the email access issues you have been experiencing, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Have you been able to access the email account using the instructions linked in Graham_A previous post?

Let us know.

Rob

No I've still not been able to send or receive emails from my Blueyonder account. It has now been 11 days! Each time I phone the Support Team they pass it on to the IT Team and tell me I'll be contacted within 72 hours. The latest explanation/excuse was Covid!

Thanks for coming back to us @JIM2156, can you please confirm a few things for me;

Are you using the web mail function to access the account, or a 3rd party mail client?

Do you still have active services with Virgin Media? 

Is this account the primary account or secondary account?

Are other E-Mail addresses connected to this account also unable to be logged into?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn  

I'm using web mail function.

I still have other VM services - phone, TV, broadband.

Phone, TV and broadband are still working.

This is a secondary account.

The primary email account has also not been able to send or receive for last 13 days.

When I attempt to change password I get a message back to say it has been successful but the message is sent to a DIFFERENT email address!

Thanks.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JIM2156,

I am sorry to see this.

Just to clarify are you unable to use an email on a active VM account? If so I can help you with this in a private message.

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sorry but I don't know what you mean by active VM account.
I can use the broadband supplied by VM as part of my TV/phone/broadband package provided I use a different email account. This is of very limited use to me because several hundred contacts and companies have my blueyonder email address. I've been passed around by VM for the last 15 days and told various things such as that there are several thousand VM customers with frozen accounts and the delay in unfreezing them is due to Covid! I've been promised that my issue is being escalated but to have my email frozen for 15 days already seems excessive. I've never experienced this level of service with any other company.

Deleted  -- (message to self ; read the whole thread before posting !! 😉 )

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for clarifying. 

I would like to take a look at the account from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat