cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send mail from secondary mailbox

ditto
On our wavelength

I have a main virginmail mailbox and one secondary mailbox. Yesterday morning (28/03/22) all was working fine. At some point in the afternoon my secondary mailbox reported that it was locked and I needed to change its password. I did so and was able to receive emails again but was not able to send them. My main mailbox has continued to work normally throughout. I am using the webmail platform from the Virgin website.

I phoned for help via 150. The Virgin operative attempted to put things right but couln't and said she would escalate the problem and someone would contact me but it might take up to 5 working days. I am not very happy about this as the secondary mailbox is the one my wife uses extensively. Is it not a straightforward fix to bring that mailbox back to life? I would have thought a response might be fairly instant.

11 REPLIES 11

ditto
On our wavelength

Hello Carley

Yes a Virgin team member telephoned this afternoon. However, as I was out of the house, they would not speak to my wife because I am the account holder.(seems a bit mad). They promised to ring back between 4.30 and 5pm but have not. When I returned home, we checked my wife's mailbox and after only two weeks it's working again. Wow! fantastic.I assume the earlier phone call was to deliver the news that the mailbox was working. Hardly a security risk to have simply told my wife that!

Obviously we are glad things are working again, but the length of time to rectify casts doubts on the IT department's technical competence whilst the repeated going round in circles for two weeks and that last phone call hardly signifies good professional customer care from Virgin Media.

Anyway, many thanks for your communication.

Ditto

Hi there @ditto, thanks for the update.

Sorry that your wife was unable to get this message earlier when the team called. All agents do take data protection seriously so they will try and ensure they are speaking to the account holder as best as they can.

I am however glad to hear you mailbox is now working, apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Please feel free to let us know if there's anything else you need help with.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules