cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send mail from secondary mailbox

ditto
On our wavelength

I have a main virginmail mailbox and one secondary mailbox. Yesterday morning (28/03/22) all was working fine. At some point in the afternoon my secondary mailbox reported that it was locked and I needed to change its password. I did so and was able to receive emails again but was not able to send them. My main mailbox has continued to work normally throughout. I am using the webmail platform from the Virgin website.

I phoned for help via 150. The Virgin operative attempted to put things right but couln't and said she would escalate the problem and someone would contact me but it might take up to 5 working days. I am not very happy about this as the secondary mailbox is the one my wife uses extensively. Is it not a straightforward fix to bring that mailbox back to life? I would have thought a response might be fairly instant.

11 REPLIES 11

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ditto, thanks for your post here in the community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I'll need to just ask you to confirm some details via PM first, so I can look into this a bit further for you - please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

ditto
On our wavelength

Has anyone discovered how to get to talk to someone at Virginmedia who actually knows what they are talking about is not reading from a script and has the authority to take action. I have been trying to get a secondary mailbox unlocked since Monday 28th March (forget password reset farce!) but only get repeat conversations that a ticket has been raised and someone will contact me. I get no contact or resolution of the problem.

There has to be some way to cut through this mad Catch22 situation. Any advice?

Hi ditto,

Thanks for getting back to us. We can certainly understand the frustration caused due to this ongoing issue with your secondary email not being able to send emails.

You advised this issue was first raised on the 28th of March, can we ask if this was raised to our 2nd line faults team or was an IT ticket raised?

If it had gone to our 2nd line faults team, they will attempt to contact you and resolve the issue over the phone first of all. If they are unable to this, we will then raise an IT ticket. 

Unfortunately, with an IT ticket it can take between 5-7 working days to get resolved. This is an estimated fix time so sometimes may be longer.

I will happily take a look at your account and see what has been done so far for you. Please let me know if you would like me to send you a private message so I can take your details.

Kind regards Jodi. 

ditto
On our wavelength

Hi Jodi

Sorry for delayed reply, I have been out a lot today. Firstly thanks for your response. Yes, I would be grateful fo a DM detailing anything useful you can find out about my issue.

It started as a simple request to unlock a partly locked mailbox (incoming ok, outgoing not working). Several calls later and no progress has been made. First and second line fault teams seems very complicated. I would guess someone has tagged this mailbox on the system as spam and does not know how to take the tag off, but what do I know?

Anyway thanks for anything you can find out.

Ditto

Hi @ditto,

Just to ensure that all bases have been covered first, would you mind also performing a full virus and malware scan with up-to-date anti-virus software on any and all devices that have used and had access to the impacted email address?

We would recommend that you follow these steps in an attempt to regain email access first.

If after doing all of those steps you continue to face issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

ditto
On our wavelength

Hi Zach

Thanks for your response but this is a continuation of the roundabout I have been on since 28th March. I have now lost count of the number of times I have performed virus scans and password resets: all with the same result. Still that secondary mailbox receives emails but cannot send them. It is still a live ticket with VM so I hope they eventually solve it. The mailbox in question is the one used by my wife. To give her a usable email account, I opened an Outlook one for her and that is trouble free. However she would like her VM one back and working as a goodly number of people have that email box as her address. I am sure the fault lies in some VM gremlin associated with their anti-spam arrangements. Can you find anything out?

Ditto

Hi @ditto,

Thanks for coming back to us and I am sorry for the ongoing issue you are having with this. 

I have checked our systems and can confirm the ticket is still open and is currently being worked on. 

As soon as the team have any updates, they'll be in touch. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ditto
On our wavelength

Thanks Ayisha

I just continue with the waiting game then. Its only been two weeks!

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

We are sorry for the delay in resolving this issue. I can assure you our team is looking into this for you. As soon as the team have any updates, they'll be in touch. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley