cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails

Pete_1951
Joining in

Although I can receive emails, I cannot send them. They just sit in my outbox. The error message is Sorry your IP (then the number) is active in our local abuse blacklist. Contact Virgin Media abusedesk for delisting requests.

But Virgin Media do not seem to have anyone who knows anything about an abuse desl

9 REPLIES 9

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forum team are best placed to help with this and the issue has been flagged to them; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Pete_1951 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your email services. 

Just a few questions if I may,  Are you sending the emails directly though virgin media or are you using a 3rd party (IE Outlook) I assume that you are still a virgin media customer? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Dear Zak,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using Outlook for Mac. The reason is that I used to have a PC. I switched to Macs (this is my second or third) in 2011 but I wanted to keep my old emails.

The incoming server is fine, and it seems that it is the outgoing server that is the problem. The outgoing server is smtp.blueyonder.co.uk, which I think is why the error message is asking me to contact Virgin Media Abuse Desk.

Regards

Peter

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me @Pete_1951

Could you attempt to send an email using https://mail.virginmedia.com

Kind regards,

Zak_M

When I click on that link, it just says that that mail box is not accessible.

Correction it says it is not available and to retry in one hour. But this message has persisted for the past 4 days.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for that information. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can take a further look into things for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Dear Zak,

What is a PM?

Peter

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me.

A PM is a private message, you can find this in the purple envelope on the top right of your screen. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M