cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails - IP address blacklisted

audi708
Joining in

Hi, I have the same problem, can someone contact me to work on a fix for this please.

18 REPLIES 18

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Spamhaus blacklist or local abuse blacklist?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This is the message when sending email, I can receive ok and can also send direct from Virgin Media in a browser it just won't send through outlook:-

csmtp1.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net cmsmtp Sorry your IP **.**.***.*** is active in our local abuse blacklist. Contact Virgin Media abusedesk for delisting requests.

I have been using outlook on my Mac for years and my Virgin Media email has always worked fine.

The other day I received an email from a trusted friend but it flagged as spam, I forwarded it to my gmail account as I trusted it and needed the attachment - I suspect this may have caused the issue.

I have requested the removal via Sorbs and Spamhaus but nothing seems to be working? 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to help further; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Thanks for coming back to us @audi708.

I would need to take some more information via a private message, so that we can look into this further.

I will drop a private message over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @audi708.

I have now passed this onto our internet security team to be investigated further and I will be in touch with you as soon as I hear anything back from the team. 

Regards,

Steven_L

No problem, thanks

You're welcome @audi708 and I will be in touch soon.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks @audi708, I will pass this onto the team right now and let you know when we have a further update for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Just a quick update @audi708, you IP has been submitted to be delisted by our support team and once they come back to confirm it has been completed, I will let you know once this has been done.

Regards,

Steven_L