cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send email - error message: Blacklisted IP address

dom7654
Tuning in

I have tried to send email from an IP camera using smtp port 25 and I think this has put me on a blacklist. Could I be removed as I've now reconfigured my cameras to use TLS 456 and have got past the authentication/ password wrong but am now getting:

Test  ...  Failed
The message is denied by the server. Maybe because of the anti-spam privacy of the server

I'm using my virginmedia.com email address and using 212.54.56.51 as the smtp.virginmedia.com outgoing mail client

Checking https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist displays 2 entries for my IP address but these are from 2008 and I dont think relevant!

My IP is blacklisted at SORBS DUHL, UCEPROTECTL2

Thanks for your help.

13 REPLIES 13

Woohoo! Fixed it. Problem was that my cameras did not have the time/ timezone set correctly and this is needed for TLS SSL handshake.

Setting the time to now instead of Jan 1st 1970 fixed this 

dom7654_2-1634912326426.png

dom7654_3-1634912341404.png

Happy Bunny 

dom7654_1-1634912296806.png

I tried the smtp.virginmedia.com and that didnt work I still needed to use dotted decimal equivalent for seme reason 212.54.56.51

Thanks everyone for your help

ah! My DNS was set wrong which was why smtp.virginmedia.com was not working and the time was not set correctly via the NTP server

Correcting the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and now smtp.virginmedia.com works and on reboot the cameras have the correct date/time so the SSL works!

Hopefully this thread will help others.

Thanks for your posts and updates, dom7654,

Glad you were able to identify the DNS issue and correct it.

Cheers,

Corey C