cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send email - error message: Blacklisted IP address

Alan_Sorensen
Tuning in

Hi

A few weeks ago I stopped being able to send email. It gets stuck in the Outbox and then shows this error message:

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC67): 'The server responded: 421 csmtp.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net csmtp Sorry your IP 86.19.152.175 is active in our local abuse blacklist. Contact Virgin Media abusedesk for delisting requests'

Other useful information:

• I use Windows Livemail from my PC running Win10. 
  • The same problem is there when I use my laptop
  • I have used the same account, ISP, and email for many years without a hitch.
  • I can receive email no problem; the issue is sending email
  • I cannot send email from my iPhone or Android phone when connected to home WIFI but I can send email if I disconnect from WIFI and use 4G
  • I can send email if I login to virgin webmail

I have done a full virus scan on my PC (all clear)

I have reset my password for the account.

It seems to me my IP address has been recently added to a blacklist. As I understand it I need my ISP (Virgin Media) to help me resolve that i.e. find out which RBL (blacklist) is causing the issue and help me become delisted (or reassign me a new dynamic IP address).

If anybody can help it would be much appreciated. I've spent many hours trying to resolve this issue but have not been able to solve it.

Thanks

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alan_Soresen,

Thank you for messaging with me and also for your patience with us to get this resolved 🙂 
Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you @Alan_Sorensen

Sorry to hear you've been having difficulty sending E-Mails recently

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Alan_Sorensen,

Just a quick note to advise you that we are still looking into this issue for you. The team that deals with blacklisted IP addresses, is currently having issues.

They have apologised and advised as soon as they are back up and running, they will look in to this matter for you.

We appreciate your patience.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alan_Soresen,

Thank you for messaging with me and also for your patience with us to get this resolved 🙂 
Zoie