cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send any emails

DizzyB
Dialled in

Hello, I have an issue with my Blueyonder email account in that I can receive but not send any emails.  I use Outlook and this is installed on a laptop, an android tablet an android phone and all have the same issue. I have checked the IMAP and SMTP settings plus the password and all is as should be. There have been no changes made to the account, so this has just randomly appeared. I have active services with Virginmedia. The error message reads as below.

"reported error (0x800CCC92) : Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings"

DizzyB_0-1664349454245.png

Hoping that someone from Virginmedia may be able to shed some light on this.

19 REPLIES 19

Thanks @Megan_L @Robert_P

I have been checking daily, and can report that this seems to be working today.

Whatever has been tweaked at VM's end has been successful.

Appreciate your help,

Many thanks,

DizzyB

Hi DizzyB,

Thanks for updating me in our PM, I am so glad the IT team were able to get this Email issue fixed for you 🙂

If you need any further help, please feel free to reach out to us again!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Unfortunately I am having issues with sending emails from my blueyonder account again. I am now receiving error 0x800CCC0E. I have carried out the previous advice 

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

and can see the following error

Authentication denied (VM305)

Closing connection 0

schannel: shutting down SSL/TLS connection with smtp.virginmedia.com port465

curl: (67) Login denied

Hoping that  someone can offer some advice please?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM305 error indicate your public IP Address appears on Spamhaus's lists, to confirm this perform the following steps from the device that cannot send:

1. browse to https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer and note the Your IP address is value
  2. go to https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/
  3. enter the Your IP address is value (from step 1) in the Search single IP, domain or hash field and select Lookup
  4. follow the advice offered

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you 用心棒 I did try this, but it didn't show up any errors (obvious to me!), I reported again to Megan_L and all seems to be rectified from the VM end now. Once again, thanks you both for your help with this.

Hi DizzyB, 

Thanks so much for being such a pleasure to help with this Email issue you had. 

I am happy that we got it sorted in the end with the help of the IT team. 

If you have any further issues with this please let us know!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey DizzyB, thanks for your post and for updating us on this issue.

Glad to see you've received our help and your email problems are now sorted, anything else you may need from us please feel free to pop back here with a new message.
Always happy to support you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hiya DizzyB, 

Thanks again for chatting with me in our PM's and for your patience with me and my team whilst we rectified this, which I am happy to say we have managed to do now!

If you have any further issues with your Emails, just come back onto this public thread and let us know. 

We will be more than happy to help!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Apologies Megan, I'm afraid to say that I am encountering the same issue yet again. I have changed my password as advised, and run virus scans but this has not shown up any errors nor resolved the issue. I am able to use the webmail email service successfully, but cannot send any emails on the Windows or Android versions of Outlook. My email is an old Blueyonder one. 

Hi @DizzyB thanks for your reply here, I do apologise for this.

I can see that Matthew has responded to you on Megan's behalf so please do check your messages for this and respond to him directly.

Hopefully this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W