cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send any emails

DizzyB
Dialled in

Hello, I have an issue with my Blueyonder email account in that I can receive but not send any emails.  I use Outlook and this is installed on a laptop, an android tablet an android phone and all have the same issue. I have checked the IMAP and SMTP settings plus the password and all is as should be. There have been no changes made to the account, so this has just randomly appeared. I have active services with Virginmedia. The error message reads as below.

"reported error (0x800CCC92) : Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings"

DizzyB_0-1664349454245.png

Hoping that someone from Virginmedia may be able to shed some light on this.

19 REPLIES 19

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be helpful to see what, if any, error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code.

Thank you, I have attempted this.
It says it connected to the port,
"disabled use of client certificate"
and "unable to check revocation for the certificate"
error code 0x80092012

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst your email client is unable to successfully check the revocation certificate it will continue to fail; this is not an issue you can resolve  

Issue has been flagged to the forum team and it is hoped they will investigate to find cause before it resolves itself. 

Hi @DizzyB.

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues with your Blue yonder email. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Just to confirm, was this email created with your current VM account or an older one? When dd you first experience these issues? Does this issue persist when using different email web clients and apps?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Akua,

We have had the same account for a good number of years (double figures), and this email address was created with this account. I only noticed last weekend when I tried to send an email, it may have happened before that.

I am able to use the webmail, but not Outlook on a windows laptop nor the Outlook app on an android mobile phone

Hi DizzyB,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Email services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

I have already taken the time to check on my side for any obvious issues connected to your email, however everything seems in working order superficially. 

However, this doesn't mean there's nothing more we can do to help, I can get an IT ticket raised for you so our Email faults team can take a look. 

I'll need to gather some information from you first though, so I'll send over a PM now.

Thanks, 

Megan_L

Hi DizzyB,

Thanks for giving me that info within our PM, I was able to raise an IT ticket for you and have updated the notes. 

The team will aim to have this resolved in 10 working days but it will hopefully be sooner than this. 

Please let us know if you want an update. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks Megan, as you say, hopefully soon!

You're welcome DizzyB, please keep us up to date with this and Megan will be sure to update you in regards to the ticket once one is received.

Rob