cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see or change Email filter rules on WebMail

AndrewDJohnson
Tuning in

There were some issues last week with access to Webmails being very sluggish or completely failing.

Now, it seems the email filter rules have been corrupted or something - because I am getting emails that should be being filtered and I can't edit the rules. When I try to access them, I get "Couldn't load your e-mail filter rules virginmedia" and "server unreachable"

Please can someone look into this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AndrewDJohnson wrote:

By all means try it yourself!

@Kain_W 

Just out of interest I have now tried that with my VM email accounts and I cannot replicate what you are seeing.

Having said that though, it seems that some people are having issues with not being able to access some of the features in their Webmail account.

For example,  there have been people getting the "server unreachable" error when trying to access their Vacation Notice (aka Holiday Notice) settings in webmail .

See a couple of affected users here. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Not-able-to-set-Holiday-Notice/td-p/5220278   

Again though I cannot recreate that Vacation Notice issue either.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

35 REPLIES 35

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When this issue next occurs does:

• pressing Ctrl + Shift + R resolve it?
  • opening an Incognito / Private window, signing into webmail and trying to edit filter rules there resolve it?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks - but of course refreshing the window doesn't work (always the first thing I try).

Nope, incognito does not work either (why would that help with a "server not reachable" error, do you think...?)

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to help further; be aware it can take them a few hour or days to respond, though usually it is the former.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there AndrewDJohnson,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Can I ask is this happening on both a client and/or the webmail link?

Let us know,

Kain

Thanks for your response. Of course, each client has it's own way of implementing Mail Filtering. Of course, as I specifically said, I am talking about Webmail. I have not used any other clients for mail filtering. By all means try it yourself!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AndrewDJohnson wrote:

By all means try it yourself!

@Kain_W 

Just out of interest I have now tried that with my VM email accounts and I cannot replicate what you are seeing.

Having said that though, it seems that some people are having issues with not being able to access some of the features in their Webmail account.

For example,  there have been people getting the "server unreachable" error when trying to access their Vacation Notice (aka Holiday Notice) settings in webmail .

See a couple of affected users here. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Not-able-to-set-Holiday-Notice/td-p/5220278   

Again though I cannot recreate that Vacation Notice issue either.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AndrewDJohnson

Sorry, having looked at your first post again, it seems that your issue goes beyond just not being able to access your filter rules. It does seem as if the filter rules themselves are not working.  To me that suggests a bigger problem with your webmail account itself.

@Kain_W 

With all due respect if it can be confirmed that the filter rules were working but have now stopped and cannot be accessed  then I think this does need to be referred to the relevant Technical Team to check out AndrewDJohnson's webmail account.

Coenoby

Yes - many thanks - it does seem like something on the server has got corrupted etc. And, I can't change the vacation notice either.

On the main virgin site, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to get help about the issue and the chatbot didn't help either... 😞 😔

simmyb
Tuning in

This appears to be the same problem that I am having i.e unable to set Holiday Notice.

When I click on Vacation Notice, Auto forward or Filter Rules I get the same response of 'Unable to load your vacation notice/auto forward settings/filter rules. Please retry later.'  and the 'Server Unreachable' pop up. 

Seems that there is a more widespread issue than with just my account as a few people have now flagged this up.