Menu
allarg01
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot see POP emails in Webmail

I have three accounts and can view two of these using the webmail. One account is POP3 but always reports that ALL folders are empty, yet if I receive emails into Outlook, they are downloaded.

Do I need to change my settings? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot see POP emails in Webmail

Is the POP3 account a Virgin Media one?

Hoe does it report all folder as empty?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
allarg01
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes to your first question.

When using Webmail and I have the folders displayed on the left, every folder under that account shows "empty" in the window where the message is usually displayed.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the password for the POP3 account has changed since it was setup in webmail did you remember to update it there also? No, then do so under ☰ > Settings > Accounts

If Outlook is configured to receive emails using:

• POP3 then seeing them there would suggest that it was first to download new emails and webmail then has nothing (new) to download
  • IMAP then webmail should have received new emails to its Inbox provided they had not been moved to another folder in Outlook

NB: webmail's POP3 account folders are stored locally so unless an action was performed to populate the folder it would not have any content, for example a send action would populated the local Sent folder and receive action the Inbox folder.

0 Kudos