cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reset ntlworld password, no longer a customer

mfclose
Just joined

Hi, I moved to a new home which no longer had access to Virgin Media, so I could no longer be a customer. I have forgotten the password for my email and inputting my old details into the reset forms do not appear to work. I still have access to my email through my ipad but the password used on that does not work.

Could someone help me reset my password please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately if the forgotten password route doesn't work there is no other way of resetting the password for orphaned accounts.

The only thing that the VM Forum Team staff will be able to do is ensure that the email account is fully closed down.  Under the T&Cs email accounts are closed down 90 days after you cease to be a customer.

Sorry that this will not be what you want to hear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately if the forgotten password route doesn't work there is no other way of resetting the password for orphaned accounts.

The only thing that the VM Forum Team staff will be able to do is ensure that the email account is fully closed down.  Under the T&Cs email accounts are closed down 90 days after you cease to be a customer.

Sorry that this will not be what you want to hear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

albob
Superfast

@mfclose  wrote "I still have access to my email through my ipad but the password used on that does not work."

Have you read the recent threads on the forum about people being asked to re-enter their passwords? Might be part of your problem ??

This is one of them --  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Authentication-issues/td-p/4743827

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nfclose, 

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry you're having some trouble with your emails, however when you are no longer a customer, the NTL world email does expire after 90 days, meaning that you will no longer be able to access the email, so even if there was a password reset, you would still not be able to have this as an active email. 

Any questions or queries please do let me know and I am happy to answer them. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide