cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive emails on ntlworld account

Shivernshake
Joining in

I have 2 ntlworld email addresses. One of them stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Have changed password a number of times but each time I get message saying no password provided, go to mail settings and enter a password. Have tried numerous combinations of pop and imap and changing passwords, all to no avail. Have set up a new account with no problems, but do not seem to be able to fix an unresponsive existing account.

Please Hep

5 REPLIES 5

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shivernshake

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding accessing your ntlworld emails.

Is the email address linked to an active broadband service account with Virgin Media?

If no, has it been more than 90 days since the broadband account was terminated?

Please do let me know,

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena,

I have active contract with Virgin for broadband,tv, phone etc.

I have an Ntlword email account for myself, though I use gmail usually. I have set up a second ntlworld account for my wife using my virgin account details. It is this account which no longer works. She has told me that her email had stopped working, but I only got around to looking at it yesterday. Thought a quick password change would sort it, how wrong I was.

My account works fine.

You can have up to 10 separate email accounts with virgin.

i have set up and tested a couple more accounts with no problems, but when I try to modify my wife’s account I have no luck.

I could delete it, but then she would lose all emails and this would be a nuclear option.

I have been unable to find an email address for technical help on the virgin media site, so I found this forum and thought I would give it a try to see if there is something I have forgotten to do.

would appreciate any suggestions

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details @Shivernshake

You've come to the right place, we will be able to get to the bottom of what has happened with your wife's email address.

It is possible that her email account may have been locked for security reasons, please can you visit:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-account-is-locked

and follow through the troubleshooting steps on there.

Let me know if this helps!

Best wishes,

Serena

Thanks for help Serina,

Finally got it sorted. Did what you suggested, it took me to a page that said mailbox busy, or words to that effect, and try again in an hour. Or contact virgin on various telephone numbers.

Contacted virgin and eventually managed to get to technical assistance. Apparently email had been used in some sort of SPAM attack. They did send an email about it but my wife never mentioned it.

Upshot Fix was,

1. Change Password to a password NOT used before.

2. WAIT 24 HOURS.

That did it, probably the 24 hour wait was the clincher as I have been impatient previously and probably didn’t give virgin software a chance to reset everything.
Anyhow thanks a lot and have a good Wimbledon Weekend.

Thank you so much for letting us know @Shivershake and I am so glad this was resolved.

Please don't hesitate to pop back to the forums should you have any further issues and thank you so much again for your updates!