cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive Hotmail emails

jackeyres
On our wavelength

I have two contacts who use Hotmail and neither of them can send me emails. I just don’t receive them and I don’t get a rejection notice either. 

Can anyone help?

16 REPLIES 16

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You wouldn't get a rejection notice, although the senders should.

Are they definitely not getting anything back?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Remind the sender to check their Spam folder in case the notification of non-delivery / rejection has gone there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I will ask - thanks.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jackeyres, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear you've had an issue receiving emails from some email addresses. If the helpful advice offered above doesn't help please let us know.

If this continues it would be helpful if you're able to get a copy of any rejected email your contact receives if possible (with full headers/no redaction's) - though don't post them here publicly, we will ask for them via PM if required. 

Tom 

jackeyres
On our wavelength

Hello,

The sender tells me his mails do not stay in the Outbox and he does note receive any notifications. He’s checked his Junk Folder.

Thanks

Does not…

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated on this jackeyres. I understand it may be difficult for the teams to establish what's going wrong if there isn't any sign of the emails bouncing - however I'll be happy to ask them to take a look if you're able to get back to me via PM & confirm some details.

Tom 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tom_F 

It's difficult but not impossible.  If you know the date and time of a send as well as the email address it's sent from. then it should be possible to search.

Tim

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry for the late response -  virgin community emails go straight to my junk folder which I suppose is another problem. So if I offer up the date and time and sender of the emails will someone be able to work out what’s going wrong?