cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log into email account

MikeBaines1
Joining in

I have an old ntlworld email address and yesterday access to both incoming and outgoing mail was denied as it is indicating that the password is incorrect and needs resetting although I have not changed it and no longer have a record of it.

following the help topics, I have tried to log into my Virgin email account but continuously get the following message despite being able to log into my main Virgin media account:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I have phoned the number and have been advised I will be phoned by the technical team within 5 days!

However, I need access to my mail for work so desperate for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you followed the instructions provided here for these situations? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Wait at least 30 minutes after changing the password before trying to access the email account again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you followed the instructions provided here for these situations? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Wait at least 30 minutes after changing the password before trying to access the email account again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

I have tried the instructions in the link provided but when trying to log into my email account, it is still coming up with the same message denying me access.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How long have you waited after changing the password for the email account concerned before attempting to log in again?

I waited for 45 minuted

Just to advise, I have gone into my email settings again this evening and entered the new password and have received all of my emails.

Thank you so much for your help in helping me to resolve this matter.

Hi @MikeBaines1,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you were unable to access your email for a period of time. We are however glad that @Graham_A was able to help with this. Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs