cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get my virgin.net emails onto my new Samsung A52 phone

elainephillips
Joining in

It says either my username or passwords are incorrect.  I cannot see how I can update them.

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to successfully sign into the account on webmail?

See if the advice offered here is of help, Virgin Mobile device support | Samsung | Choose your device

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you; but when I enter my password, or at least what I think is the password, it then goes on to say cannot connect to server, so I assume it does not recognise the password.  I cannot see how to reset the password though.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If any of the authentication details are incorrect webmail displays a message similar to the following:

2022-08-02-a.jpeg

Try the following link to reset the password: Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media

Thank you; but I have tried this link.  It is not recognising my email address either.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you know if the virgin.net email address was linked to your Virgin Media broadband service account?

I think it may have been.  Does this make a difference?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

issue has been flagged to the forum team who are bested placed to help further; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

FYI: a prerequisite to having a Virgin Media email account is that it is linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account or less than 90 days have passed since it was terminated. Unfortunately Virgin Media have been less than vigilant when it comes to deleting accounts that no longer meet that criteria and users have been mostly oblivious to the risk of continued use.

Hi @elainephillips

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the email account.

Is the email address linked to a current active broadband account with us?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide