Menu
terryd1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get e mail

Hello

I have had no email on my blueyonder.co.uk account since last Friday. Is there still a problem with mail delays or is this a new fault. I am accessing via the Virgin web portal and logging on OK.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get e mail

Nothing wrong at the moment. Your post causes me concern. Check the web mail auto-forward settings please. Anything there you don't recognise? If so delete it and come back for more advice.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
terryd1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your right my mail was being forwarded to an unknown email address. Must have been compromised. I have cancelled the forwarding and changed my password. What shall I do next?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Follow each and every step in these instructions. Make sure you chose an entirely new password that you have never used before. Change your security question. Run a scan with malwarebytes (free trial BUT FROM THE MALWAREBYTES SITE ONLY - cap letters are deliberate here). This is not a nice position to be in.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

and finally do a report here:

https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/

Select e-mail hijacking from the drop down box at the top.

It is your password that th scammers have guessed or got somehow. If you have used your former e-mail password elsewhere then change them too.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
SDC
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is the second such incident reported today and there have been others recently, it seems to be a growing problem. Do you think VM should be collating the dodgy forwarding-addresses with a view to investigating their origin? In the heat of battle not everyone affected will think to note down the dodgy address before deleting it from the auto-forwarding page, maybe they should be passively encouraged to relay it to VM in addition to reviewing their security. Some instructions on the auto-forwarding setup page, maybe including links direct to the relevant help and reporting pages, wouldn't be unreasonable, would it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learning one day at a time how VM works, breaks, and gets fixed.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation,
send Guinness to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... I work for peanuts.
And I'm a die-hard Eudora fan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
terryd1234
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I am changing passwords etc for all of my web based services. Just noticed that security with older routers can be compromised as I am very careful with spam and passwords I wonder if this is the cause. Virgin should definitely look into their security.

0 Kudos