cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change email password

ChrisWells
Joining in

I cannot change the password for a secondary email account. I go to Manage My Accounts but the only option seems to be delete? I'm sure that where we used to change those passwords? Help please.

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisWells 

VM have changed the way you reset the password on secondary accounts. 

Provided you know the existing password you can to sign into the My Virgin Media account for that secondary email account, all live VM email accounts now have their own My Virgin Media account. 

Sign in from here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn with the email address and password of that secondary ntlworld email account. That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account for that email address.

Then navigate to the "Account details" page by clicking on the "Update settings" tab and then you'll see the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

If you don't know the existing password you can try using the stand-alone forgotten password reset link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password but that requires that the "password reset question" has been set for that secondary address. 

If all else fails you will need to get VM staff to reset the password for you. The Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can do it for you and one of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Graham. Unfortunately it seems this is not going to be simple. The starting point was the secondary account (my wife's) would not load new email. Having had a similar problem before I thought I could update her password via the 'main' / my MyVirginMedia a/c. No joy, as I said before. So I tried your suggestion, which refused effectively saying I was using the wrong password - even though it was right yesterday. I clicked reset, that said I needed to ring. I rang, an automatic dialogue said it would text me some guidance - which turned out to be the standard help page which, as far as I can see, is silent on the issue. 

So, I'm left hoping someone on the Forum Team takes pity on me soon!

Thanks again

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the password and will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. 

Kind regards

Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ChrisWells, thanks for the message over PM. 

I am glad to see that this is on the way to becoming resolved. 

Please let us know if you need anything further. 

Kind regards. Chris. 

Just to add on this for anyone stumbling over the thread, one of the Forum Team did get in touch and reset the offending password. So posting a problem here seems to work, one gets help which is much harder to access by phone. The piece of detail I did not know nor found any written guidance on is that secondary accounts can now have their own MyVirginMedia page - worth checking that out, if you haven’t so far.