cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access virgin.net email address

kubota
Joining in

I hope you can help.

I have had my virgin.net email address for around 20 years, although I am no longer a virgin media customer. For some reason since last thursday I have been unable to log into my email account or send/receive emails.

I had received no notification from Virgin regarding the account and as you will appreciate the loss of it after so many years is a disaster.

Please can someone contact me to advise on my options or check the email account for me. I'm that desperate I will happily set up a new virgin media account if that is the only way  I can get back to my emails.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @kubota.

I have been able to find your mailbox and refresh its connection to the mail server, please can you try to access your account again and let me know if it works or not.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Check this

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-net-email-account-switched-off-without-warning/td-...

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @kubota,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on here.

I can take a look into this to find out what has happened to the email address, I will need to take some information via a private message, so that I can look into this further but this is not a guarantee that we can re-activate your mailbox

I will send over a private message in a moment, please look out for this and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @kubota.

I have been able to find your mailbox and refresh its connection to the mail server, please can you try to access your account again and let me know if it works or not.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

back in !!!

i cannot thank you enough for sorting this .

One question do I use the same password as before

thanks

sean

Hi @kubota

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

The password will be exactly the same 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Now you have access to your emails it's important that you back them all up and migrate to another email provider, preferably one which is ISP independent.

As you no longer have a broadband account with VM it's highly likely that your virgin.net email will be deleted, probably sooner rather than later, so best to migrate as soon as possible.

You may not be lucky enough to regain access again.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Hi

you kindly regained access to my removed email address a couple of weeks ago.

Unfortunately the same issue has occured again, and I am unable to access my emails.

As suggested at the time,  I am in the process of setting up a new email address but I could really do with accessing my virgin.net address until the new address is sorted.

I am hoping you are able to assist me again in resetting my account.

thank you in advance

regards

Sean

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi Kubota,

Can you try a password reset for us using a completely different password and let us know how it goes? If you're receiving an error, please let us know what the error message is and a screenshot (omitting personal information) so we can investigate.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi

I had the same issue a few weeks ago when I couldn't access my emails and couldn't change the password. Your colleague resolved it by resetting my account.

This was his message:

I have been able to find your mailbox and refresh its connection to the mail server, please can you try to access your account again and let me know if it works or not.

Regards,

Steven_L

Whatever he did, it worked. I am hoping you can do it again please.

thanks