cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access ntlworld.com email

PC1961
Joining in

As from Wednesday night 22nd December I seem to have lost access to my ntlworld.com email account, it worked fine before then and no changes have been made my end. If I try to log on via my computer using Microsoft Outlook I get a prompt to "Enter you account information for Ntlworld" and asking for my password, which when I put in. I get the error message  my end of "An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down or overload, or there may be too much net traffic". If I try again I also get the message "The server for account "Ntlworld" returned the error "[AUTH] Authentication failed.."

If I also try to access email for webmail (the email option you have at the top of this page, I get the message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices. If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."I've checked my settings my end and the correct password is there or used when I try to log in and prompt for my password. 

So it all sounds like an ntlworld authentication server is down denying access. Are Virgin media aware of this and getting it fixed? Is anybody else not able to get access to ntlworld.com at the moment? I'm using a backup email account I have at Outlook.com to  send emails for the moment  so have my own workaround but would like to get ntlworld.com email account back please!

Peter

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PC1961  Try following the instructions set out here to unlock your email account: Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... - Virgin Media Community - 4808847

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the recent struggles you've experienced with our E-Mail account.

Has this since been resolved or is this still ongoing?

If this is ongoing, can you advise me if you have active services with Virgin Media? Are you the account holder for the services?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David, I’ve changed my password like Graham’s suggested (thanks Graham) and that seems to have resolved email access at least for mobile access as I am receiving emails now. Need to check a few other methods of access but with a password update I expect they will be fine so thanks. Not sure what caused the original problem but I found out I did get an email due to suspicious activity locking my account. Only issue it went to my junk mailbox so missed it!  Looks sorted now so all done. I am the account holder as well and all other services fine. 

Thank you for keeping us posted on this PC1961.

I'm glad to hear the reset has helped with this. 

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance in the future. 

^Martin