Menu
Highlighted
EllGeePee
Dialled in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access my Email on line

My main Email account is  ……..@virgin.net   I use several email clients on different devices but on my home PC I still use Windows Live mail. On that client, I also use a Gmail email account. Both work fine on the PC, BUT when I log in to my Virgin media account on-line (Web) then I am refused access to the Virgin mail account.  I should add that I have been with Virgin and its ancestors (sic) for about 30 years.  Is it about time I changed?

I see that I am not alone with this problem, so could someone from Virgin please explain and guide me (and others) in resolving this issue?

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access my Email on line

From your post today (and others you've joined in on or started during the past few years) it seems that you ARE an active VM Broadband customer.  Can a Forum Team member (VM employee) please assist - perhaps the virgin.net email address is not properly attached to OP's account?  And therefore it is orphaned and in danger of being deleted incorrectly?

EllGeePee - can you advise if you can still log into your VM account (the billing side) and then see if your email address is in the manage accounts / my profile area?

new account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The important thing to ask is whether you currently have internet through Virgin Media?

Virgin Media are in the process of removing Orphan email accounts (those that aren't linked to active broadband accounts).  The first step is to remove Single Sign On access - (which webmail uses) followed later on by removal of the mailbox itself.

If you currently have Virgin Media Broadband then it MIGHT be possible to link the virgin.net address with your current broadband account.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

EllGeePee
Dialled in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

"EllGeePee - can you advise if you can still log into your VM account (the billing side) and then see if your email address is in the manage accounts / my profile area?"

Thanks for that. Will check it out! Part answer is that, Yes, I can log in to my account - its only the email which when I try to connect/log into to it gives me this answer.  Virgin email not available.JPG

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Please can you be absolutely clear, as it will help the Forum Team get this escalated to the IT department.  They will contact you by private message to get your personal information.  It may take a few days for them to reach this post, as they work in date order, but they can usually solve these problems.

1 - Are you an active VM BROADBAND customer?

2 - Is the account VISIBLE in the My profile section - the change password / contact details / security section?

0 Kudos
EllGeePee
Dialled in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes and Yes, !  In the meantime I have spoken to a guy on 150 who informs me that Virgindotnet email has been taken over by TalkTalk and Virgin/Media are no longer responsible for it. I was advised to call TalkTalk; really the last thing I want to do.  But might as well try. From the suggestion you made, I have created a new VirginMedia email address and will set that up on my WLM account and cease using the old Virgin email address.  That is going to take time as I have hundreds of contacts to train to use the new address.

Thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

NO! Stop!

Do not talk to TalkTalk - Hold on a minute, I'll find a thread that tells you why.  HOLY MOLEY - first line support!!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Please see my previous replies on TalkTalk owning virgin.net email addresses.

Short answer is they don't

Tim

Edit we really need the Forum Team to come to this thread so that they can help.  It' possible that if you had a break in service that the Virgin.net account is Orphanned - but this is rectifiable.

@ModTeam - I've said it before and I'll say it again.  TRAIN YOUR FIRST LINE AGENTS PROPERLY!!

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Oh - Good Ravenstar68 is here to help advise, he's very knowledgable.  Here is a thread most similar to what I (we?) think is the case with your email situation:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/virgin-net-account-and-just-joined-virgin-media/m-p/39188...

If we have surmised correctly, your virgin.net email was not properly attached to your latest virgin account.  The Forum Team will be able to help you once they pick up this thread. They can advise you on what is possible and THEN you can decide if you want to keep or replace your email address (assuming they can help you keep it)

EllGeePee
Dialled in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ill go for lunch then come back. ...........Ill ponder the question, "Where is backup, if anywhere?" 

0 Kudos