cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access by Blueyonder e-mail account .

SGilligan
Joining in

I can't currently access  my blueyonder e-mail account.  Unsure whether Virginmedia  have deliberately done this . Loss of e-mail account has been progressive and  happened  in the following way.

1) I could receive but not send e-mails on my phone .

2)  I couldn't receive or send e-mails on my phone but I could access via virginmedia website. 

3) When I now try and access e-mail account via virginmedia  site I  get a message  saying  my e-mail is currently unavailable 

I  have  changed my password but when I try and update my credentials  via  my phone to access  blueyonder.co.uk  e-mail  account  I get a message saying my username  or password is incorrect.  How do I resolve this?    

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SGilligan wrote:

1) I could receive but not send e-mails on my phone .

2)  I couldn't receive or send e-mails on my phone but I could access via virginmedia website. 

3) When I now try and access e-mail account via virginmedia  site I  get a message  saying  my e-mail is currently unavailable 

The first thing to ask is whether you are still a VM broadband customer and whether this Blueyonder email account is linked to your current broadband account.

If the answer to either or both of those questions is "no" then it could be that VM are in the process of closing down your Blueyonder account. VM should have done that 90 days after the broadband account was closed but in the past it seems they often overlooked doing that. I only mention this because currently they do seem to be have a purge on closing down these "orphan" email accounts.

Assuming you are still a VM customer, I would suggest taking these issues in reverse order, so:

3) if you are still seeing "mailbox unavailable" when you try to access your email account via the VM website I would suggest you try changing the password again. This time make sure you change it to something you have never used before. Then leave it 20-30 minutes before trying to access the account again to allow time for the change to be synchronised across all the VM servers.

2) & 3) Once you have been able to access the email account via the VM website you can try it via the email app on your phone. If you can receive but not send emails via the app, switch the phone to use your mobile data network rather than your VM wifi and see if that allows you to send emails.

Post back with how that all goes

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SGilligan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are unable to access your Blueyonder Email, as advised by coenoby if you are no longer a Virgin Media customer or the account associated with the Email is closed then the Email may have been closed down, we are sorry if this is the case, this does usually happen 90 days after account closure however can sometimes be missed, we have recently stated cleaning these up and deleting these Email addresses.

If you are still and active customer and the Email is associated to your current account and shows on your Online Account please let us know and we will be happy to help further.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for your advise. I am a current virginmedia customer. I tried to changing my password again   but to no avail. I therefore phoned virginmedia   this evening and they unlocked my e-mail account. There was no explanation why it had been locked.

Hi SGilligan

Thanks for coming back to me. I am glad all sorted 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill