cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access blueyonder email account

Andrew_M2
Tuning in

For some reason my Blueyonder email account has stopped working.  When I try to access the account through my Virgin Media website it tells me "Your mailbox is not available at the moment."

I have also tried from my phone app, but that asks me to enter my password.  That is rejected when I enter it.  The password is correct, as I can access my media account online using the password.  So it does not appear to be an issue with my password

Any help to get into my account would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andrew_M2 wrote:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment."

That error usually means that Virgin Media have locked your email account for some reason, That can often be resolved by resetting the password.

"The password is correct, as I can access my media account online using the password.  So it does not appear to be an issue with my password"

It's not as simple as that sadly. As I said earlier,  VM have locked the email account so you although you cannot currently access the email account you can still access your "My Virgin Media" account.

You may well be able to resolve this yourself by following these steps to reset your VM password:

1) Sign into the "My Virgin Media" account https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn    with the email address (and current password) that is giving you that "mailbox unavailable" error.

2) Click on the "Account settings", tab and then the "Account details" tab

3) On that page, under the "Sign in details", you should see that email address and under that the option to "Edit" the password.

4) Enter a password you have never used before and once that has been accepted it will become the password to sign into both your "MVM" account and your VM email account.

However, leave it 30 minutes before trying to access the accounts again to make sure that the new password has been picked up by all the VM servers. Remember to also update the password in you email app on your phone.

If you still get the same "Mailbox unavailable" error from the VM website post back here because it will probably require action by VM to unlock your email account

See how that goes.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andrew_M2 wrote:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment."

That error usually means that Virgin Media have locked your email account for some reason, That can often be resolved by resetting the password.

"The password is correct, as I can access my media account online using the password.  So it does not appear to be an issue with my password"

It's not as simple as that sadly. As I said earlier,  VM have locked the email account so you although you cannot currently access the email account you can still access your "My Virgin Media" account.

You may well be able to resolve this yourself by following these steps to reset your VM password:

1) Sign into the "My Virgin Media" account https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn    with the email address (and current password) that is giving you that "mailbox unavailable" error.

2) Click on the "Account settings", tab and then the "Account details" tab

3) On that page, under the "Sign in details", you should see that email address and under that the option to "Edit" the password.

4) Enter a password you have never used before and once that has been accepted it will become the password to sign into both your "MVM" account and your VM email account.

However, leave it 30 minutes before trying to access the accounts again to make sure that the new password has been picked up by all the VM servers. Remember to also update the password in you email app on your phone.

If you still get the same "Mailbox unavailable" error from the VM website post back here because it will probably require action by VM to unlock your email account

See how that goes.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thank you for your help.  That worked and I can get back into my account.  Your help is very much appreciated.  Have a great day

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andrew_M2 wrote:

That worked and I can get back into my account. 

That's good news, I'm pleased that I could get you back up and running again.

Coenoby

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Andrew_M2, thanks posting on our help forums and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to see you've had issues with accessing your account online, however we're glad to have read that you had some useful advice from our Very Insightful member coenoby. 🙂

Thank you for reaching out and hope you can now view your account online without problems, feel free to give us here a shout next time you need some help or advice!

We'll be happy to offer it.
Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs