cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Blueyonder webmail in Brave anymore.

tk007b
On our wavelength

Recently, I have been unable to access my blueyonder email from Brave browser. 

It works in Chrome and Firefox but has stopped in Brave with the following error 

Connection error, this service is not available right now <Retry>

When I press the retry link, it just repeats the message.  The message has a dark Blue background.

Any ideas how to resolve this ?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tk007b
On our wavelength

All sorted, 

Copied across bookmarks and saved passwords, onto the new Brave profile which is now working perfectly.

Thanks for all of your help!

🙂

PS - Password file deleted and emptied from recycle bin!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tk007b  I would try clearing the browser cache and any cookies relating to Virgin media mail.  Once done close the browser and restart it, then try the Virgin Media webmail page again.

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tk007b
On our wavelength

Deleted all cache, all cookies put the shields down and restarted the browser but still no joy. 

The link you suggested changes into this https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/ but I get the same error message ...Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 23.18.06.png

Cheers

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue persist when using:

• Incognito mode?
  • a new profile?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

tk007b
On our wavelength

Wow!,

What a great suggestion, how insightful!, incognito mode in Brave is just called a "Private Window" but when I tried that, much to my surprise, it worked!!

So now, the million dollar question .. . <you already know what I am about to ask> "Why doe sit work in a private Window but not in a normal window ????

Not sure how to try another profile (shall I create a separate login and try ?)

Cheers

TK 🙂

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The lack of tainted cached data seems a good answer as any to explain why it works in a Private window; unfortunately there seems little to motivate Virgin Media to fix this issue.

In your normal browsing window can you try pressing Ctrl + Shift + R to reload the the page whilst bypassing the cache to see if that makes a difference.

New profile, see this post https://community.brave.com/t/is-there-a-way-to-create-profiles-just-like-firefox-which-helps-to-mai...

tk007b
On our wavelength

I take it you mean Command, Shift + R (on my Mac) 😉

Yep. the page refreshed but it made no difference. Am tempted to change my email address now, as there have been lots of outages on blueyonder email and also mail messages can sometimes take much longer to send and be received. Had it since the 90's! . Plus Blueyonder is always a (foot)ball ache to type in 😉

Thanks for your help

🙂

tk007b
On our wavelength
Oh, BTW - creating a new profile fixed the problem.
Will I lose anything if I delete and recreate my profile ( I will export my favs first obviously)
Cheers

tk007b
On our wavelength

All sorted, 

Copied across bookmarks and saved passwords, onto the new Brave profile which is now working perfectly.

Thanks for all of your help!

🙂

PS - Password file deleted and emptied from recycle bin!