Menu
MacMac10
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Access Email!

My wife recently passed away and yesterday Virgin changed the account from her name to mine.

Since then, I cannot access my emails (never had a problem in the last 15 years) or even the log in screen for username and password etc! have emails expected from funeral directors and many companies while I am sorting things out and cannot get to them.

Spent over an hour on the phone to them today, ended up with some department in India saying to resolve the problem I must pay £20 and then £5 a month for something they have obviously f**ked up!!!!! - disgusting service!

Don't know now what to do as need to access email urgently?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Access Email!

First of all, can I express my condolences on the loss of your wife.

I'm going to flag this up to @Jen_A however normally it can take up to 7 days for Virgin Media to get to a post.  I'm hoping that they will get here much sooner given the circumstances.

I don't work for Virgin Media myself so what I am going to post are my own personal thoughts:

When you say they've changed the name on the account did someone by any chance change the primary username to your email address?

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Access Email!

Hi MacMac10, 

I'm really sorry about this situation and my deepest condolences on the loss of your wife.. I'd like to sort it out for you as soon as possible so I have sent you a private message.

Many thanks, 

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules