cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Shelleyc
Tuning in

Hello,

After being 23 years with Virgin Media I cancelled today about an hour ago after we failed to negotiate. The rep said cancellation has gone through and I asked him to send verification of the cancellation via e-mail. I still don't see any e-mail sent since I thought this would be waiting right away. does the cancellation e-mail come right away or does it take longer so I know it has been cancelled? 

It's my own gmail i'm using for clarity I'd just like to make sure the cancellation has gone through. 

Thankyou for any assistance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shelleyc, 

Thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear you're having an issue confirming your cancellation request. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you cancel you are actually giving 30 days' notice, so as far as Virgin are concerned you are still in contract. 

It would be worth checking on MyVirginmedia to see if there is any note there. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hello, 

I checked my account and nothing indicated that it's been canceled. I'll check again later today and tomorrow and see if anything shows up or if an e-mail gets sent but you are correct i did give 30 days notice (even though my contract ended on september 29th 2022) so i should lose phone and broadband on the 3rd of november as the rep stated on the phone. 

I'll keep checking my account and e-mail in the meantime. Thankyou. 

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone on the forum that can check that the cancellation has gone through? 

Thanks again if anyone can help with regards to this. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

A VM staff member here may be able to check, but their access to contract information is limited. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Shelleyc, 

Thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear you're having an issue confirming your cancellation request. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Shelleyc, 

Thanks for coming back to me and sticking with me via private message. 

I'm glad I've been able to put your mind at ease and get things confirmed for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team