cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you still access blueyonder email online?

angua-
Tuning in

I moved house last year and have only just regained access to My Vigin Media, they had to transfer my email address to ther new account. However my email inbox is not available when I try to see my email online. Do I need to do something else to connect my blueyonder email address to my account so i can access webmail?

31 REPLIES 31

I cannot access anything on your site- either the VM account or email. Both say We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.

If I try the "forgot password" link it says Unable to find your username

I can access email via Outlook or on my phone. I just can't access anything on your site. As I said before they sorted the access to the account on site, then when they supposedly sorted the email issue out they messed up the bit they had done.

I moved house last year - have they moved it back to my old account?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @angua-

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Is the email linked to a current account you have with ourselves or have you disconnected a broadband account which you created this email under?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have had the same email address since Telewest days. I moved house in March last year and apparently that meant you made a new account for me with the same email address. I found out I could not login to it when I needed to use webmail at the start of January. If you look back at this thread you will see I sent my details to one of your colleagues.

Ticket 1: i gained access to my account on your site, but still no access to webmail - (this was after calling to raise a ticket (1hr on phone) , being called back when I was at work  - phone rang for 2 rings only then having to call 150 again to complain, listening to your awful music for another hour)

Ticket 2: supposedly my email address was reattached to my account, but I now cannot access anything on site ie same as before 1st ticket, called you again, they took my number promising to call me if I got cut off, I got cut off. I did not get a callback.

Tried earlier, your website still does not recognise my email address.

It worked fine for YEARS. All I did was move house!!! I have no idea why they didn't just do a change of address but apparently they said my details were still linked to my old account, they moved it to new account (worked fine, except access to email on webmail), then they messed it up and said they had fixed the issue, but seems they just reversed whatever they did the first time.

Quite frankly I am disappointed with Virgin's response and technical ability to deal with this. If I hadn't just had my bill slashed by £30 a month I would have gone to another company.

Please get my details off the person I messaged earlier in this thread and look at my account and stop asking me to repeat the whole situation. Where I work we have a "once and done" approach...pity you don't.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Travis_M 

It souds to me as if when the user moved house - a move and transfer was not done properly in order to move the old account profile accross to the new account.

@angua- 

1. Is your email still working in Outlook?
  2. Was the broadband account at your old address set up by you under your name?
  3. Is the broadband account at your new address set up under your name?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

yes x3,

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

We need the @ModTeam to ensure that this gets escalated to the email team in that case.  So long as the email address is still live on Virgin Media's system they should be able to enact a move and transfer for you.

Over to you guys.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Ayisha_B has my details

Thanks angua-,

We will get this chased with Ayisha for you, apologies for the delay.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi @angua-a,

Just to follow up, I can see my colleague Molly has already raised this issue again for you with our IT team and as soon as there's any further update, we will advise.

Thank you for your patience.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm not holding my breath. They may have tried to call me but as they haven't fixed the problem I don't know why - just for me to repeat the

problem to them (again). No point calling me when I am at work anyway as I cannot check the website then, and they never let the phone ring more than about twice.